The department was organized in 1965. The first head of the department was professor Skripnichenko Zinaida.
The department consists of:
restoration and reconstructive microsurgery of posttraumatic pathology of the
Employees of the department involved in the work in the service of Ukraine "Emergency medicine". On the basis of department were created brigades of permanent readiness.
Ukrainian Ophthalmotraumatological Center
Ukrainian Ophthalmotraumatological Center was organized on the basis of the department which provides around the clock skilled ophthalmologist, radiologist and anesthesiologist.
Oksana Stepanivna Sidak-Petretska, Candidate of Medicine, ophthalmologist of the highest category, Head of the Division of Reparative Microsurgery of Posttraumatic Eye Pathology
Nataliia Oleksandrivna Chudniavtseva
, Doctor of Medicine , Higher Senior Officer, ophthalmologist of the highest category
Nataliia Petrivna Tychyna
of the highest category
Yuliia Mykolaivna Rodina
, Candidate of Medicine, research staff
member, ophthalmologist of the highest category
Nataliia Pavlivna Grubnyk
, Candidate of Medicine,
Andrii Mykolaiovych Kuryliuk
, junior research
Oleksandr Valeriiovych Ponomarchuk
The main directions of scientific and practical activities of the department:
Development and introduction of technical devices for intraocular foreign body removal (metal detectors, samarium-cobalt magnets)
Development of new technologies for surgery of patients with magnetic and non-magnetic foreign body, located in the inaccessible eye area with up-to-date vitrectomy methods (endolaser coagulation, various types of vitreous tamponade etc.)
Studying pathogenesis of siderosis and its preventability
Development of new methods for traumatic cataract extraction including that without capsular support and with lens dislocation into the vitreous
Development, introduction and improvement of eye care for eye trauma conditions andprevention of eye injuries
Development of devices for modeling of eye contusion
Studying efficacy of neuroprotective therapy in experiment and clinic in eye contusion condition
Studying effectiveness of neuroprotective, anti inflammatory , antiischemic therapy in the complex treatment of patients with post traumatic injuries of fundus structures.
The Department-based Ukrainian Centre of Ophthalmic Traumatology provides round-a-clock duty of a qualified ophthalmologist, radiologist , and anesthesiologist.
Division of Reconstructive Microsurgery of Post Traumatic Eye Pathology head of Div. of Reconstructive Microsurgery of Post Traumatic Eye Pathology Oksana Sidak-Petretskaya , Cand. Med. (Sc)
Doctors’ rooms: 048 748 12 88
Office N 20 in the Consultative Policlinic: 048 729 83 68
Ukraine’s leading centre of providing qualified highly specialized aid to patients with severe traumatic conditions of the eye
Centre of reconstructive and plastic surgery for anterior and interior segments of the eye.
We use unique methods for diagnosis and treatment of patients with trauma injuries and their consequences:
- Diagnosis of trauma damages of various structures of the eye
- Methods of surgical debridement of mechanical damage of the eye and its adnexa
- Diagnosis and removal of intraocular foreign body
- Conservative treatment of open and closed mechanical trauma to the eye
- Prevention and treatment of intraocular wound infection
- Optic reconstructive operation on the anterior segment of the eye, including small incision surgery
- Traumatic cataract extraction with IOL implantation, including that without capsular support
- Various types of iridoplasty, mydriasis and iridodialysis closure, pupil moving etc.
- Surgery for secondary post traumatic glaucoma
- Extrascleral surgery for traumatic retinal detachment (local filling, Arruga's encircling operation)
- traumatic dislocation of the lens or IOL in the vitreous
- traumatic hemophthalmia, retinal detachment
- intraocular foreign bodies
- traumatic macular detachment and ERI macular membranes
- with a temporary keratoprosthesis for one-stage damage of anterior and posterior segments of the eye
- Microsurgical intravitreal injections, subtenon drug injections
- Aesthetic surgery for eye adnexa pathology
- Improving methods of enucleation, evisceration and treatment of anophthalmic syndrome.